Excitement is cranking up for The Nostalgias on April 19 at Perth Motorplex with categories confirmed and a range of activities lined up for fans of all things retro.
The day will kick off from 7am when gates open for competitors and sellers in the Cranksters Swap Meet. Buyers will be able to check out the swap meet from 8am while drag racing qualifying commences at 10am.
So let’s start with the swap meet. It will be an automotive and performance oriented swap meet run by the Cranksters club.
The swap meet will be located in the new paddock area with entry to be via Gate 3 which is located on the Perth Motorplex entry road. You can choose to only attend the swap meet, but any spectator presenting a swap meet ticket will receive a $5.00 discount off entry to come inside and see the drag racing and Show and Shine.
Street machines, street rods, classic and special interest cars may park enter through the competitor gate and park up in the pit/paddock area for theShow and Shine. Drivers of these vehicles will pay a discounted spectator cost of $20.00 to enter the venue with all passengers to pay the normal fee.
The following Show and Shine trophies will be awarded on the afternoon of the event:
• Hot Rod Open • Hot Rod Closed • Street Machine • Custom • Classic Bike
Judging for these awards will be by a small committee of Perth Motorplex and Cranksters members.
And of course there will be plenty of high speed hijinks around, on both the drag strip and the dirt track speedway.
Drag racing entry will be accepted for relevant drag racing and street vehicles that are of the “steel bumper” era. The event will be ANDRA sanctioned and all vehicles must comply with the relevant regulations.
Categories offered will include:
– Top Eliminator (TE) for mechanically supercharged front-engine dragsters, altereds, funny cars and sedans. Chicago shootout DYO format.
– Middle Eliminator (ME) for non-supercharged front-engine dragsters and altereds either six cylinder or V8. DYO elimination Format. – Top Gas (TG) for naturally aspirated American or Australian race sedans only. DYO elimination format.
– Hot Rod (HR) for pre-1949 streetable hot rods (unlicensed okay). DYO elimination format. – American Muscle (US) for American origin muscle vehicles with chrome bumpers. DYO elimination format.
– OZ Muscle (AU) for Australian origin muscle vehicles with chrome bumpers. DYO elimination format.
– Street Machine (ST) for steel bumper, non muscle Cars that don’t fit US or AU. Modified Cortinas, Toranas and Chrysler to CM. DYO elimination format. • Classic Bike (CB) for classic motorcycles representative of the period up to 1970 (no race bikes). DYO elimination format.
Other vehicles reminiscent of the era may be acceptable but subject to individual approval.
If you are keen to go drag racing online entry is open at competitors.motorplex.com.au for $70. On the day entries will be $85. A maximum of 200 drag racing entrants will be accepted.
Invited hot rod, street machine and vintage racecars will do speedway demonstration laps on the Perth Motorplex speedway track. The demonstrations will commence from 12.30 pm and will utilise the inner (or motorcycle) track. Approved participants will pay the same entry fee as the drag racing competitors and this fee will include a Speedway Australia day racing licence.
If you would like more information about The Nostalgias, feel free to call Perth Motorplex on 08 9419 6622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.