As the city of Perth now enters the wet wintery months, the capital works projects in preparation for the new season are nearing completion.
When Evolve Facility Management took over the operations of the Perth Motorplex in 2021, it did so with the long term objective of sustainability and continuous capital improvements.
This financial year alone, nearly $500,000 has been allocated to a range of projects for the venue, to improve the efficiency, reliability, and general user experience at the Perth Motorplex for spectators, participants, staff and officials. Some of these are highlighted below:
- Street Light Entrance Improvements – creating safer roadways in and out of the venues at night.
- Weather Station at Drag Racing – upgraded system allowing for detailed real time weather information.
- Stadium Lights Upgrade – nearly $20,000 dedicated to lighting improvements for all racing precincts throughout the venue.
- Speaker Systems – upgraded speaker systems throughout the drag racing and speedway precincts – vastly improving the sound quality of the audio system.
- Highline Bar – purchase of a large corporate marquee, stadium seating and corporate furniture to create a new corporate space for speedway racing.
- Machinery & Equipment – including new tractors and mowing equipment.
- Venue Control Building – a brand new building located in Turn 1 of the speedway, allowing event management to monitor and operate events.
- Burnout Fence – A new crowd control fence for the spectators at the Snake Pit.
Next year we are already underway with identifying venue improvements. The key priorities are an upgrade of network switches throughout the venue to ensure reliability and speed for all our audio, visual and IT communications throughout the venue. Additionally there will be significant investment in machinery and equipment upgrades, plus the possibility of major “big screen” improvements throughout the venue.