Our regular Fire & Safety Crew and some new recruits undertook the Annual extensive training seminar for Speedway, Drag Racing & Burnout events held at the Perth Motorplex on Sunday, with cars supplied by AAA Metal Recycling.
Perth Motorplex holds Safety in the highest regard so with this in mind, Objectives and Achievements obtained from Emergency Response Safety training were as follows;
- To make aware of crew duties and responsibilities.
- To ensure that crew possess the skill of Fire & Rescue and to perform with Competency.
- To promote and secure health, safety and welfare of Crew.
- To assist in securing a safe work environment.
- To reduce, eliminate and control hazards to which the Crew are exposed at work.
- To promote education awareness on matters relating to Fire & Rescue in particular motor sport.
After an extensive theory and question and answer session in the classrooom, the Emergency Response team members conducted the ‘hands on’ practice using a variety of functions with several jaws of life and spreaders. The crew performed several scenarios of extracting from smashed vehicles and all scenarios were carried out competently along with the correct use of the Robinson tool – known as the Hooligan tool and Glass Cutter for cutting windscreens.
The Emergency Response Team members and Track Safety personnel conducted several fire simulations using state of the art training equipment, with several types of vehicle fire scenarios.
Perth Motorplex would like to thank all our attendees, Trainers and Team members for giving up their time with their dedication to safety. Special thank you to Lawrence Junior for researching and conducting the training exercises.
All members performed competently and efficiently as they continue to lift the bar in Safety for the 2021-2022 Perth Motorplex season.