Formula Tech Performance Whoop Ass Wednesday featuring OZ Day Special Drag Racing + Burnout Bonanza
Off street drag racing from 4:00pm and monster Smoke Show to finish off from around 7:30pm til close.
Reserve your burnout spot online – Online Entry opens each Thursday Morning for the following Wednesday – Events | Competitors @ Perth Motorplex.
You must show your Proof of Vaccination or Medical Exemption on arrival to the Motorplex.
Competitor & Spectator
$42.00 without ANDRA Lic. inc Adult Admission
It’s Australia Day so let’s celebrate with a Special of just $45 to race! That’s right no matter you drive or ride, just 45 bucks will get you on the famous Motorplex Quarter Mile!
We will be starting at the special time of 4:00pm (Gates Open at 3:00pm) and then letting our Burnout Brigade loose on the Snake Pit at around 7:30pm to fog out the plex!
This is all you need to do …
- You can pre-enter online to save time at the gate and also guarantee you spot to race on busy nights, alternatively you can just turn up to Perth Motorplex between 4:30pm and, ideally, 7:00pm. Competitor Entry closes at 8:00pm (earlier if full)
- At Perth Motorplex, go straight to Competitor Entry and purchase an entry form. At this time, you may choose to purchase an extra driver or passenger pass.
- After purchasing an entry form, drive or ride around the green scrutineering building and line-up to be scrutineered.
- Once your car or bike has been scrutineered, park your vehicle in pit area, then GO BACK to scrutineering with photo-identification and see the lovely officials at indemnities to sign-in.
- At the indemnities sign in, you will receive a wristband. Anyone who is in the car on the race track will need the appropriate wristband.
Once your paperwork is completed, you should have a Race Number on your vehicle and your wristband. You can now head to the Staging Lanes and line up in the lane number on the top of your windscreen.
All Bikes line up on the far left of the staging lanes in lane 1.
Before coming to the track remember to bring these items;
- HELMET: AS/NZS1698 or ECE 22.05 (Full or Open Face) as minimum
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long pants (No holes – including designer jeans)
- Shoes and Socks that cover the ankles
- HELMET: AS/NZS1698 or ECE 22.05 Full Face Only
- Leather or Purpose Riding jacket
- Leather gloves
- Long pants and boots that cover ankles
Since 2015, Perth Motorplex has often hosted special theme nights for particular cars or bikes.
Q: Are these WhoopAss Wednesdays still open to other competitors?
A: Absolutely. In fact, some of our theme nights are so obscure, only around 10 or 15 cars turn up. The other 150 or so are normal competitors.
Q: Why do we host theme nights?
A: Several reasons:
- Sometimes, certain cars and bikes are seriously cool.
- To keep things interesting
- To give people (who may have never gone down the drag strip) a chance to try out the drag strip for a smaller than usual fee
- To encourage new people to come down and give it a go.
Burnout entries open the THURSDAY MORNING each week for the following Wednesday.
You can only enter during the week prior to the event – so get in early each Thursday to ensure your place on the ‘Snakepit’.
Most Wednesday nights are limited to Ten burnout cars unless it’s advertised as an “Hour of Power” where up to twenty Burnout cars will pound the ground from 9:00pm till approx. 10:00pm to close off the night.
On normal nights the winner as judged by crowd response will receive a Sick Skid Plate and Free Entry to another Formula Tech Performance Whoop Ass Wednesday event during the season.
However on the Hour of Power Nights the burnouts are judged by selected Motorplex Officials with prizes for the Top 3!